Thursday, July 2, 2009

Shaking my head...

...at unbridled cluelessness.

Hello dear ones!

The latest surprise (though at this point I'm suprised by very little any longer) consisted of an invitation to return to COTID and officiate at the Sunday services, prior to the farewell reception to be held three days hence. "It would be a good ministry to the congregation."

Perhaps. However, I'm mindful of the invitation to Confession in Rite 1: "Ye who do truly and earnestly repent you of your sins, and are in love and charity with your neighbors..." And right now I'm not there. Not even close.

So although there will be a gathering this weekend of friends and well-wishers, that is all that I can manage at this time. There will be more later :)

See you on the porch!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I know, I got the letter, and I was surprised by two things: not only that you would go, given the way this all was handled (and by the way we all know you're "ready for your own church," but why not work with you toward that goal rather than handle it this way???) but also that the reception would be on July 5, the Sunday of the July Fourth Holiday, when half or more of the congregation (including my own often-absent self)will be away? Bad form, I say!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete